Well I originally started writing this post on 03/06/14. I did actually publish it on 13/07/14 and if you appeared on the internet at just the right/wrong moment you would have seen it but with broken picture links. Well all I can say is technology got the better of me somewhere. I had to write the post on the app on the ipad as my home computer will no longer let me access the wordpress page (and many others) as apparently something is out of date. After that I know not what happened but its not on the Ipad or the internet anymore which is even cleverer on the basis that at one point it was on the ipad twice. Anyway back to the official story. Yes its been a long time but at the minute I know have no WIP, I am sure I will manage to change that before the week is out!
I finally finished “It”. It was a long slog and a heavy read, as its over 1400 pages! I don’t know whether it was slow because of this because I had all ready seen the film, obviously there is way more in the book, or just not in a reading mode? Anyway another one off the list 6 months late so I really have got to get a move on if I want to reach my target by the end of the year. With that in mind I have finished the next one already! Yay only a tiddler in comparison though. Eyes of the Dragon, a bit of an oldie wordly one, like the Dark Tower one,which has not really been a favourite but it was nice to see one of the recurring characters again.
Here are the two gifts which I was working on for weddings. Both weddings now been and gone so they can be unveiled.
Also on a cross stitch front I started this very recent purchase which should never had made it to the top of the pile but it was only small and its done already!
Knitting and not knitting!
Here is the cardi that I have been working on from the vintage book, the second attempt, its all done and has been knitted for a while. However many other people had mentioned that the front bands needed reinforcing and indeed they did. So I have spent considerable time stitching gross grain ribbon to the inside of the bands whilst carefully stretching to the appropriate length, ably assisted by my clover clips – see below, and then I really had to pluck up the courage to cut the button holes in the ribbon. This was assisted by fray stop and some hand sewn button holes. Yes I saw the instructions after I started that said you should do the button holes in the ribbon before you stitch it on but with the stretching required I just dont think that would have worked. Any way it has all been worth it as I am pleased with the result.
And here is the not so knitting, wow she was a project in knitted construction. All the parts were easy enough knot but then there was a lot of putting together not least the making of the legs……pipe cleaners, straws, glue, wool! Again another thing done, she unfortunately does not stand of her own accord but is a much better effort than Tom.
As I never do any sewing I though I would make these for not sewing LOL. They are supposed to be pattern weights as I say if I ever get around to using them!
A little spend
And I had a little spend on some things I had been hanging out on buying for a while. I thought at least if I buy tools I am only buying things to help not extra things to do! And the clover clips are awesome. Anyway of to work out what to do next and hopefully get things done a little sooner this time.
I also think maybe I should blog each thing otherwise I just end up with round up emails which looks like I havent been doing anything. AND I FORGET STUFF!
Edited again as I did forget stuff!
I have now done “official” snowflakes, when I say official I mean with the wool that was intended for them.
Kind of buying, kind of doing, kind of being helped…
Newly spangled new bobbins….thanks Joan
Prototype, but pretty much final, bobbin winder,………thanks Dad
Ah so just another thing that I need to find time to get around to!